Easy homemade flavored mayonnaise recipe! We use whole eggs instead of yolks only which makes this recipe fool-proof and extra easy. Homemade mayo is ultra-creamy and so much more flavorful than anything you can buy at the store. Add extra herbs or garlic to make it your own and enjoy!
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Champagne White Wine Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt (or more to taste)
- ½ cup Chipotle Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Add egg to the small bowl of a food processor and process for 20 seconds.
- Add the mustard, garlic, vinegar, and salt. Process for another 20 seconds.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, turn the food processor on then begin to slowly add the oil in tiny drops until about a quarter of the oil has been added (this is critical for proper emulsification).
- When you notice that the mixture is beginning to thicken and emulsify, you can be a little less strict. With the processor on, continue to add it slowly, but increase to a very thin stream instead of drops of oil.
- When all the oil has been added, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and process for an extra 10 seconds. Taste mayonnaise for seasoning then add salt, lemon juice or extra vinegar to taste.
- Note if the mayo seems too thin, slowly drizzle in more oil with the processor running until thick.