- 1 Large Onion
- 1 tart crisp apple (Granny Smith is a great option)
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- ¾ Cup Cranberry Pear white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Cup cranberries, fresh or frozen (no need to thaw first)
- Slice the onion into rounds. Peel and thinly slice the apple.
- In a frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion and apple until soft (5-7 minutes).
- Sprinkle with sugar and continue to cook add the white balsamic to deglaze the pan scraping up all the onion/apple bits.
- Add cranberries and bring to a gentle boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once thick, remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Keeps for 1 week in fridge.