Basil May Make the Pesto, but the Right Extra Virgin Olive Oil Perfects It
Spinach & Basil Pesto With Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup Basil Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or to taste
- In the jar of your blender add the salt, garlic, spinach, and basil followed by the cheese, nuts, and olive oil.
- Process on low until smooth, about 10-15 seconds, stopping the machine to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Prepare your favorite cut of pasta and toss the strained, hot pasta with the pesto.
Makes about 2 cups of pesto