Aioli with a Kick
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup Single Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place the egg, lemon juice, garlic, and mustard in a blender to combine (mix on low).
- With the blender running on low speed, drip the oil in slowly, allowing each addition to incorporate into the egg mixture before adding more. As more oil is incorporated, you can add the oil more quickly, working up to a slow stream.
- As you add the oil, the mixture will thicken, changing from a liquid mix of the beaten egg to a creamy-looking spread. If it's too thick, you can thin it a bit with drops of lemon juice. Don't try to thin it with more oil—it will actually make it thicker.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover and chill for later use.