For the Hot Buttered Rum Mix:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
For the Hot Buttered Rum:
- 2 oz dark rum
- 1 tablespoon hot buttered rum mix
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon Vermont Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- Whipped cream (optional, for garnish)
- Cinnamon stick (optional, for garnish)
- In a bowl, combine the softened butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well combined. The mixture should be creamy and flavorful.
- You can store the hot buttered rum mix in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- In a heatproof glass or mug, add 1 tablespoon of the hot buttered rum mix.
- Pour in 2 oz of dark rum.
- Add 1 teaspoon of aged sweet balsamic vinegar to the glass.
- Heat 1 cup of water until it's steaming but not boiling, and pour it into the glass, stirring well to dissolve the mixture.
- If desired, top your hot buttered rum with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Add a cinnamon stick for an extra touch of flavor and decoration.
- Serve your hot buttered rum while it's still hot and enjoy the cozy warmth and comforting flavors!