Summer Strawberry Jam
- 8 ounces organic strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Aged Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Remove stems from the strawberries, and chop each into 4-6 pieces.
- Combine strawberries, sugar, water, and Balsamic Vinegar in a medium-large saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a steady simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With an blender wand, pulse/blend until large pieces are gone, but jam still has a lumpy texture.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes until the jam is thickened to the desired state. The jam will thicken some as it cools.
- Transfer jam to clean jars with tight fitting lids. Makes about 20 ounces of jam.
- If you cook the jam too long and it is too thick, add water, a few tablespoons at a time and stir until it's the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for 2-3 months