For the Butternut Squash Ravioli:
- 1 package (about 12-16 ounces) of butternut squash ravioli
- Salt, for cooking the ravioli
- 1 tablespoon Wild Mushroom & Sage Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Sage and Hazelnut Brown Butter Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Wild Mushroom & Sage Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the butternut squash ravioli according to the package instructions until they float to the surface, usually about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the cooked ravioli and drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the unsalted butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Allow it to bubble and foam, stirring occasionally until it turns a rich golden-brown color, usually about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fresh sage leaves to the brown butter and let them fry for about 1-2 minutes until they become crispy. Remove the sage leaves and set them aside on a paper towel to drain.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped hazelnuts to the brown butter. Toast them for about 2-3 minutes until they become fragrant and slightly golden. Be careful not to burn them.
- Season the hazelnuts with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Gently add the cooked butternut squash ravioli to the skillet with the sage and hazelnut brown butter sauce.
- Toss the ravioli in the sauce until they are well coated and heated through.
- Plate the ravioli with the sage and hazelnuts.
- Garnish with the crispy fried sage leaves.
- Optionally, top with grated Parmesan cheese for an extra layer of flavor.