Winter Olive Board
The awesome thing about charcuterie boards is that there is no end to the possibilities! Make your Christmas charcuterie board with sprigs of thyme and cranberries scattered about...yummy and easy!
These are suggestions but have fun being creative!
Jam, Jellies, Spreads, Preserves
- 10 oz spreads and or jams fig spread, marionberry habanero pepper jelly, pesto, coarse ground mustard, apricot jam
Fresh Fruit and Crackers
- 16 oz grapes get at least two varieties
- 8 oz strawberries halved
- 3 oz blueberries
- 3 oz raspberries
- 12 oz crackers Triscuit recommended
Cheese and Meat
- 10 oz soft cheese fresh mozzarella, blue cheese, brie, etc.
- 10 oz semi-hard cheese sliced (Cheddar, Monterey, Gouda, Havarti, Provolone, etc.)
- 8 oz cured or smoked meats, salami, prosciutto, ham, etc.
Dried Fruits and Nuts
- 8 oz nuts raw almonds, pecans, pistachios, etc.
- fresh herbs to garnish mint, rosemary, basil, etc. (use those cranberries too!)
Pickles, Peppers, Olives Etc.
- 5 oz cornichons
- 5 oz stuffed olives (in stores only)
- Almond Stuffed
- Garlic & Rosemary
- Garlic Chili
Place all jams, preserves, mustards, or dips into small bowls or shallow dishes and place on the board.
Add meats and cheese, placing larger items like sliced meats and blocks or slices of cheese on the board first.
Add crackers and/or bread next, spacing them out on the board
Fill in gaps on your board with fresh and/or dried fruit.
Add garnish and serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.