Rain, Rain...Fire Roasted Tomato Soup
- 7 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion (large)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons any aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Spicy Italian Blend
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves (diced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 3 dashes salt (& Pepper)
- Pre-heat oven to 450F.
- On cutting board slice the tomatoes and onion into wedges, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, then gently toss until all pieces are well coated.
- Once mixed, transfer ingredients to roasting dish and roast, uncovered, for 45 minutes until burst and bubbling, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool slightly.
- When ready, spoon the vegetables out of the roasting dish and transfer to a food processor or high-power blender. Blend until smooth, then pour soup into a saucepan and cover. Heat over a low flame until gently simmering, then immediately serve.
--- Adapted from a Yummly.com recipe