Clam Chowder with Butter Oil and Rosemary
Boy it got cold so fast...had to bring my Herbs and Olive Trees inside. I needed this "Chowda" today!
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced (optional…Mike doesn’t like celery 😊)
- 2 cups diced potatoes, skin-on
- 2 to 3 (6.5 ounce) cans clams, juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Butter Oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Breadtopia Spelt
- 3 cups Almond Milk
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- Drizzle of Champagne Balsamic (I know it sounds weird but adds a little potato salad tart)
- Garnish with Rosemary or Basil
- Place onion, celery and potatoes in a large saucepan. Pour clam juice over veggies (don't add the clams yet); add enough water just to cover the vegetables, sprinkle on salt, and simmer until tender.
- Make white sauce when veggies are done simmering. In another large saucepan, add butter oil, flour, mixing well with a whisk.
- Add both Milks and whisk until slightly thickened. Add clams, simmered vegetables and more salt, as desired.
- Drizzle with balsamic and garnish.
Serve with crusty sourdough bread.