Looking for your "super bowl" of Chili...try this
- 1-pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (for cooking)
- 1 Red or White onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Spicy Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly)
- 1 can kidney (light, black, or pinto beans, drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces beef broth
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onion, garlic, and green pepper and cook, stirring frequently. When the meat is cooked about halfway, add the seasonings and stir to coat the meat completely.
- When the meat has cooked completely, add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish with desired toppings