- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 bunch of kale (about 4 cups)
- 1 shallot, diced
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup dried blueberries (or substitute with apples or pears)
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup Eureka Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. Raspberry Dark Balsamic
- 2 tsp Dijon Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 tsp local Buzz 10 or Franklin Honey Company Honey
- ¼ tsp Merlot Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp cracked Black Pepper
- Bring 1½ cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. While waiting for the water to boil, rinse quinoa well, then add to boiling water. Stir gently and turn down to medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is soft and water has absorbed.
- Rinse Kale and remove the stems, tear into bit-sized pieces, or for presentation, cut into ribbons. Toss into serving bowl. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil over the kale and mix well until Kale is a shiny green.
- In a small container. Place remaining olive oil, balsamic, mustard and honey. Shake well to combine.
- Fluff Quinoa while still in pot, and drizzle half the dressing and mix, while the quinoa is still warm - the quinoa will soak up the dressing. Place quinoa over kale and gently toss, sprinkle, shallot, pecans, dried blueberries and feta cheese.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve immediately.