Dark Chocolate Balsamic Beets
- 3 1/2 pounds assorted small beets, trimmed and cleaned
- 3 small red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Sicilian Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Aged Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wrap 3 beets at a time in foil. Place in shallow baking pan.
- Roast 1 hour or until beets are tender when pierced with small knife. Cool until able to handle. Peel then quarter beets.
- Toss beets, onions, oil, Sicilian Blend and sea salt in same baking pan.
- Roast 35 to 45 minutes or until onions are tender. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over vegetables. Roast 5 minutes longer or until vinegar is the consistency of syrup. Gently toss vegetables before serving.