Quinoa and Butternut Squash Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth (no Salt Added)
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp each Himalayan Sea Salt and pepper
- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- 1/2 Package Trill Granola (crumpled)
- 3/4 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 4 cups chopped kale leaves
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate-Quince Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Vermont Maple Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cook quinoa in broth according to package directions.
- Mix diced squash with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast squash for 30 minutes or until soft and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar and whisk until well combined.
- Place kale in a large bowl and pour half the dressing on. Massage leaves for about 2-3 minutes until softened. Next add cooked quinoa, squash, pomegranate seeds and feta cheese and mix until ingredients are equally distributed.
- Pour desired amount of remaining dressing over the salad and mix.
- Place salad in fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to come together.