How cool is this for Thanksgiving! You will be a star :-)
You can also use a store bought Puff pastry for a quick dessert.
- 1 recipe Olive Oil Pie Dough (you can make yourself or buy)
- 4 large baking apples, washed (Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, or Pink Lady are great)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp ground Cinnamon, divided
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Pear Balsamic
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp large grain golden sugar
- Preheat oven to 375*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Core apples, then scoop out more to allow enough room to stuff apples. In a small bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients for a cumble mixture.
- Roll out pie dough ¼" thick, in as close to a rectangle shape as possible. Cut pastry into 4 even pieces and set aside (or use a pre-cut pastry)
- Place each cored apple in the center of the pastry
- Fill each cored apple with gently packed stuffing...careful not to pack too tightly or the apple won't bake evenly.
- Fold corners of dough up above the apple, stretching if needed
- Twist dough together at the top and press down side of apple. Repeat for all the apples and place them onto prepared baking sheet.
- Chill pastry wrapped apples in freezer for 10 minutes then bake apples for 30 minutes. Cool on a baking rack then serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream