- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 seeds of one vanilla bean
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- ½ Cup Cake Flower
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup of Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash of Salt
- Preheat oven to 325 and in a small mixer with the whisk attachment. combine sugar with the zest of 1 lemon juice, vanilla bean seeds, and egg yolks. Slowly add of cake flour by the spoonful. Slowly pour in of your robust EVOO.
- In a separate mixing bowl take with a pinch of salt until foamy. Slowly add and mix until stiff peaks form. One third at a time fold your meringue into your cake mix until fully incorporated.
- Place batter in an 8-inch cake pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
Whipped Cream Topping
For the whipped cream mix about 2 cups of heavy cream with a half cup of granulated sugar and the zest of 1 lemon until it has formed soft peaks
- Chef Alec (The Cake Bar)