- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 7 cups milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 pt. fresh figs, quartered (or try some Mission Fig Aged Balsamic)
- Saba Aged Balsamic (drizzle to taste)
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in first 2 ingredients, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes; drain.
- Return rice to saucepan; stir in milk and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes or until thick. Remove vanilla bean. Remove from heat, and transfer to a glass bowl. Let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Spoon into serving dishes; top each with figs and a drizzle of Saba.