Saba, Duck and Watermelon
This is really not that fancy...but it looks that way :-)
- 1/4 cup Local Honey
- 2 tbsp Traditional Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Saba
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 duck breasts (approx. 8oz)
- 2 cups watermelon (cut into 1" cubes)
- Handful of arugula
- Place honey, balsamic vinegar, saba and water in a saucepan and place on high heat.
- Once ingredients begin to bubble gently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat skillet until very hot then carefully place duck breast into skillet skin down.
- Cook until skin is golden (approx. 5 mins) then turn duck breast over and place in a preheated oven at 400.
- Cook in oven for 5-8 minutes dependent upon thickness of duck breast.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest and cool.
- Once sauce and duck has cooled, remove skin from duck and discard and cut into 1" cubes. See photos for guidance.
- Divide duck and watermelon into four portions, then arrange those portions on four plates.
- Place arugula leaves on top.
- Transfer dressing into squeeze bottle, then dot dressing around the duck, watermelon and arugula.
- Serve immediately.