- 1/2 pounds squid (bodies cleaned, tubes cut into rings)
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Package of La Rosa gluten free pasta
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in a large sauce pan. When the water boils, add the pasta, and cook for 13 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving dish.
- In the same saucepan, add 1 quart of water, plus the bay leaf, fresh thyme, and oregano. Bring to the boil. Drop the squid rings into the water and cook for 1-1/2 minutes. Immediately remove the squid from the water, and rinse under cold water. Drain, dry, and add to the pasta.
- In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Shake to emulsify the dressing, and pour half of it over the pasta and squid. Add remaining ingredients (tomatoes, cucumber, parsley) and additional dressing if desired. Serve immediately.