Monday is Pasta & Meatballs!
Monday is Pasta Night in our house...we love it! Try some Saba in this recipe to add a sweet taste to your meatballs.
- 16 ounces Ground Turkey
- 2 Teaspoons of Spicy Italian Roasted Garlic Blend
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Saba Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 Cup of Panko bread crumbs
- 24 ounces tomato basil sauce (heated)
- 17 ounces organic Lasagnette (cooked according to package directions)
- grated Parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, Seasoning Blend, lemon rind, Olive Oil, egg, bread crumbs...Mike likes to mix using two knives...he said it makes the meatball juicier.
- Shape into 1½ -inch balls. Place on a lightly greased jelly-roll pan and bake 25 minutes. Always cook turkey to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Let meatballs stand 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, toss meatballs and heated pasta sauce. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.