Lemony Chicken over Spaghetti Squash
I am now calling some of these "Tested by Terri" (she loves to cook) :-) Meet Terri in our store and she will tell you all about her cooking experiences with EVOO & Balsamic.
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 3 Tbsp Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, sliced thin
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ pint portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Optional – spice mix
- Optional - Drizzle of Balsamic – Black Mission Fig, Sicilian Lemon, Neapolitan Herb, Pomegranate, or Traditional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Rub olive oil over the squash, season with salt and pepper. Place on a foil lined tray and bake for 45 minutes or until soft and it is easy to shred with a fork.
- Heat pan over medium high heat, add olive oil, garlic, and chicken. Brown chicken then remove and set aside.
- Add a bit more oil to same pan and sauté onion, tomato and mushrooms until soft.
- Turn heat up then deglaze the pan by adding white wine and stock then scraping the bottom to remove bits. Add back chicken. Turn down heat and allow the liquid to reduce to desired thickness. Salt and pepper to taste. (You can use an herb blend here as well for added flavor).
- While liquid is reducing, shred spaghetti squash. Place a portion of squash on plate and top with the chicken and vegetable mixture. Spoon some of the pan sauce on top and finish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for extra flavor if desired. Serve with salad and crusty bread.
This recipe can be easily modified. Change the oil, change the protein or add more veggies and make it vegan! Other oils that work well include Tuscan Herb, Herbs de Provence, Milanese Gremolata and Mushroom and Sage.