Eggs Benedict for Breakfast!
Eggs benedict is also great made with slices of smoked salmon in place of the bacon.
- 4 pieces of Canadian bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Champagne Vinegar
- 2 English Muffins
- Make Hollandaise (Aioli made by Matt) ahead of time and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium low heat. Add the slices of Canadian bacon. Slowly fry, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides
- While the bacon is cooking, bring a large saucepan two-thirds-filled with water to a boil, then add the vinegar. Bring the water to a boil again, then lower the heat to a simmer.
- One egg at a time you crack an egg into a small bowl and slip it into the barely simmering water. Once it begins to solidify, you can slip in another egg, until you have all four cooking.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and let sit for 4 minutes. (Remember which egg went in first, you'll want to take it out first.) When it comes time to remove the eggs, gently lift out with a slotted spoon
- Toast English muffins. As soon as all the eggs are in the poaching water, begin toasting your English muffins.
- Top the muffin with a slice of Canadian bacon. Put a poached egg on top of the bacon, then pour Aioli on top. Sprinkle some paprika and serve immediately.
--- Picture by OliveOilChef