Thank you to my customer who experimented with the previous mustard recipe...hopefully this one will make you happy. Love the feedback!
A tablespoon of this mustard is all you need to emulsify (hold together) a great vinaigrette or marinade.
- 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (Sherry, maple balsamic, serrano honey, peach, honey ginger, traditional... and on, and on).
- 1/2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (ground)
- Dissolve the salt and sugar in the mixture of water and balsamic vinegar in a glass container.
- Whisk in the ground mustard until fully combined.
- Add the brown mustard seeds and soak in the mixture for about an hour and a half to two hours.
- Transfer the mixture to a small food processor or blender and blend together. There will still be some seeds visible but that's okay - it's "rustic". If it's too thick, feel free to whisk in a bit more water.
- Let stand at room temperature for an hour or so until it mellows a bit and enjoy!