If you are inviting friends and family to honor Memorial Day...try this for your meal. Add a little kick with Serrano Honey and a little sweet with Maple balsamic.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil (any selection)
- 1 sweet onion (small, diced)
- 2 tablespoons water
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups tomato ketchup or paste
- 1/2 cup Serrano Honey White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Brushed on during the last 10 to 15 minutes of cooking and use the remaining as a condiment at your table. Pass any remaining sauce at the table.
In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and cook gently, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 20 minutes. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.