Sweet and Savory Barbecue Sauce
- 5 medium-sized ripe peaches
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 2 Tbsp Herbes de Provence infused olive oil
- 3/4 cup Peach white balsamic
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Peel peaches and cut into 1/2-inch pieces, set aside.
- Mince the garlic and shallots and place in a large saucepan with the oil.
- Sauté over medium heat until shallots are soft and browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour balsamic into the pan, scrape the bottom for anything sticking. Add sugar, tomato paste, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and nutmeg.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Add peaches and bring everything to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes, until the sauce is thick and the peaches are soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Puree then enjoy!