- 4 red apples (sliced thin)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Franklin Raw Honey
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Grease and/or line an 8-inch (20cm) cake pan with nonstick parchment paper, then place the apple slices inside.
- Put flour, sugar, baking powder, olive oil and 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter over the apples and bake for 20 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven and increase heat to 400ºF.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs and honey. Pour mixture over the cake and bake in the oven for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and fork comes out clean when poked in the center.
- Serve warm or cold.