Easy Blood Orange Madeleines
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup (130 g) sugar
- 1 1/2 (7.5 ml) tsp orange zest
- 1 cup (120 g) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) salt
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) Blood Orange Whole Fruit Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp (7 g) powdered sugar
- Beat eggs with sugar until pale yellow. Add the orange zest.
- Whisk together dry ingredients add to the egg mixture gently, until just combined. Add Blood Orange Olive Oil.
- Refrigerate the batter for at least 1 hour! Or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F/(176C).
- Lightly coat a non-stick, Madeleine pan with baking spray using this technique. Spray the baking spray into a small bowl and with a pastry brush lightly grease each well.
- Spoon 1 tbsp (15 ml) of batter into the center of the well and don’t touch it. It will spread out by itself and keep a more uniform shape that way.
- Bake 7-8 mins until slightly golden around edges and centers look set and a slight hump has appeared. Allow to cool slightly and remove from the tin and allow to cool.
- Once cooled completely, dust with powdered sugar and serve!
NOTES: Batter can be made 2 days ahead. Batter MUST rest for at least 1 hour in the fridge in order to get that "traditional madeleine hump". These are best eaten the day they are made. Batter can be made 2 days ahead of time.
*Use non-stick metal pan for best results.
YIELDS 18 cake/cookies
Adapted from a recipe by Entertaining with Beth