Apple & Pear Crumble
- 8 Apples
- 5 Pears
- 2/3 cup Rolled Oats,
- 2/3 cup Almond Flour
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch
- Water (enough to cover the fruit)
- ¼ cup Aged Maple Balsamic
- Peel and apples and pear and cut into wedges (keep in water so they don't turn brown until ready)
- Mix rolled oats, almond flour, and softened butter in a mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add 1 egg yolk and mix until combined and crumble is formed.
- Remove your fruit from the water and mix with granulated sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt.
- Spread filling into a pan and completely cover it with the crumble topping.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Chef Alec (The Cake Bar)