We started with our traditional European style yeast bread recipe to which we added rosemary and garlic. This will have that great tough crust and moist, tender, chewy interior.
Adding only water to the mix, time is the friend of this yeast bread. Cover for 12 hours or more and the yeast does all the work. No kneading or a second rising is required.
Just bake in a covered oven proof dish at 450 and the bread will steam to produce the crust we all love to tear into with a moist chewy inside just waiting for some olive oil or butter. Hand crafted in small batches for you in Ailey, Georgia.
- 1 package of The Little Shop Rosemary Garlic Boule
- 1 ½ cups of water
- ½ cup of flour (to cover dough with before baking)
- Fresh rosemary for garnish
- Favorite Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pour mix into large bowl, then add entire yeast packet (found separately inside burlap sack) and stir well.
- Add water little by little until dough is sticky.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 12 hours. Dough will double in size.
- When ready to bake you will need oven proof pot with lid & floured cutting board.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Put ungreased Dutch oven (oven proof pot with lid) in oven to get hot.
- Place dough on heavily floured surface, turn dough to cover in flour and shape into ball.
- Let dough rest until the pot is hot.
- Bring pot out and place dough inside, put lid back on and place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove lid and bake another 15 minutes.
- Pull out your bronzed beauty and place on a cooling rack. Perfect for dipping in your favorite olive oil!