Lemon Ricotta Bruschetta
This lemon ricotta bruschetta is made with a creamy citrus ricotta cheese blend topped with extra virgin olive oil, sweet local honey, fresh basil, bright lemon zest, and crunchy salt. The sweet, salty, and savory flavors combined with the crunchy and smooth textures makes this a delicious gourmet appetizer.
- 1 French baguette- You can also substitute with Italian bread, but it will have a thicker crust.
- ¼ cup Tuscan Herb Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove or 2 cloves if they are small- You do not want to use garlic powder or crushed garlic.
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Franklin Raw Honey- Use a superior quality honey.
- 16 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Salt to taste- It is important to use a good coarse salt like sea salt or Kosher. Do not use table salt.
- Slice baguette into half inch slices.
- Lay bread slices on a baking sheet and brush olive oil on each side of the bread.
- Bake bread 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Cut peeled garlic in half and rub garlic on each slice of bread.
- Zest lemon and set aside.
- Juice lemon.
- Mix ricotta cheese and lemon juice.
- Generously spread ricotta mixture on the slices of bread.
- Drizzle olive oil over the ricotta.
- Drizzle honey over the ricotta.
- Sprinkle lemon zest over the ricotta.
- Sprinkle fresh basil over the ricotta.
- Finish each slice by topping with a coarse, crunchy salt and serve.